Monday, July 8

A few favorites

Raise your hand if you're tired from the 5-day weekend.

'Cause I am. In a good way, of course, but definitely wiped and happy to have a "normal" Monday. But really, is anything normal in the summer?

Scenes from the weekend:



Feeling extremely grateful to generous friends who shared their blessings and company for some Fourth Fun this year. And speaking of being grateful, I recently came across a few articles on thankfulness again - reminding me of this post and also that I need to take inventory of all the great things in my world. God has given me many great days.

So, in that spirit, loving all of this right now:

Football. Peyton just started a football camp this week. Something about the Little Man playing ball just makes me happy. I probably won't be saying that when he starts tackle in fourth grade, but for now, it's good. He also started running a little bit. I knew I'd eventually get one of them to try.

Projects. Peyton got a new room for his birthday, so Samantha will get the same. Given the fact that she L.O.V.E.S. to be creative, this will be more of a joint-venture. But I like having something that powers both of our artistic sides on the docket. Of course, I am fully aware that this may not go as planned. Stay tuned ...

Mumford tickets. They are in hand for the Milwaukee show in September. So very excited. I'm not much of a cook, I don't have the patience for crafts, and you won't see me winning any athletic competitions. But I am always good for a mini-adventure, and trekking to see Mumford on one of the busiest weeks of the year - first week of school - is going to fit the bill. Just call me when you have somewhere you want to go, OK?

This quote. "Life isn't about having it all. You take what you got, enjoy it, and push to see where you can take it," says a guy who lost both legs and a hip joint in this month's edition of Runner's World. Did I mention that he is the Paratriathlete of the Year? I need to look past my perceived limitations more often. I need to take what I have and make every inch of that count. That is living.

And this quote. "Determined to make things go your way, you forget that I am in charge of your life. The only remedy is to switch your focus from the problem to My Presence. Stop all your striving, and watch to see what I will do." from Jesus Calling. I quote this little gem of a book a lot because I think it was written just for me. I really suck at "not striving" but I believe God has been pushing one little word around my head a lot these days: Wait. Hardest thing for me to do, but I won't ignore it any longer. Especially since there have been a handful of times where waiting has worked big-time in my favor. Wait. Let Me give it a go. Believe My outcomes are better than anything you can engineer yourself. 'Cause it's true.  

What are you loving these days?

PS - A very happy birthday today to my mom, our dear Nana! XO!


No comments:

Post a Comment